…I thought I’d list just some of the great memories I have of and with my mom:
- Walking to the market with her in Italy.
- When Julissa and I would ride bikes with mom and dad during their jogs on base in Italy.
- Listening to her sing us Beatles songs on the drive through Italy to Germany.
- How excited she got about buying those pretty little wood Christmas tree ornaments at the markets in Germany.
- Trying to teach her to swim in that pool in Spain (and it’s on tape…aaaah!).
- When she brought me flowers after one of my band concerts in Mississippi.
- When she helped me pack my trunk for college.
- When she planned that trip to Mount Cheaha, where dad said that he was going to start a camp fire with lighter fluid and she yelled, “Run, kids, run!”
- Her coming to Alabama from Puerto Rico just to see me graduate from college.
- When she tries to tell a joke and forgets the punch line.
- Getting ready for the big event on my wedding day.
- When she guessed that I was pregnant, and then her excitement when I confirmed it.
- Watching her walk Coco, her little dog.
- Seeing one of her first pieces since she started painting again and thinking, “Wow! Mom did that?”
- Seeing her hold my firstborn for the first time, and every time since.
I love you, Mom! And I’m looking forward to many more years of memories!